Saturday, May 15, 2010


Realized I wanted to show more detail of Blue's wings, & my beading endeavor, so here's a closeup.


Haven't named her yet ...since she was in such a hurry to be done! Actually her head and body were left overs from other projects. I liked them, but not for those particular things. Once I brought them together, she started yelling, "Do Me, Do Me!" so I had to work on her rather than what was on my schedule. I tried couple of new things ( new, for me). For instance, this time I made her wings of lutradur. I had gotten it awhile back, but just not gotten around to trying it. I like it!!!!!Paints blend beautifully, and are nice and shear. I was going to ad Angelina fibers, but this time decided to glue on cut outs from her dress fabric (cut with the sharp tip of soldering iron).
So now that she is done, perhaps I can move on and perhaps get my Gypsy Challenge doll going.

Thursday, May 13, 2010


When I did my presentation at the Museum, a very precocious & adorable young girl was in attendance. Her mother is on the Monte Arts Council (MAC) board with me. Grace took great interest in my program. I found she was collector of fairies, so I sent her a fairy I had made a few years back from a pattern by Patti Maderas Culea. I have started "cleaning" out many of my earlier dolls....after all there's only so much room to store things & I keep making more! Anyway, Grace attended our MAC meeting last night & gave me this note, which "Mother was supposed to have given me a long time ago". What a treasure!!!!
Meanwhile, I haven't posted much lately. Been working on garden stuff. In fact have 3 tomato plants in 5 gallon buckets, that are a good 2' high and one has over a dozen tomatoes, which will soon be ready to eat, and the other 2 are blooming and making little ones. Yummmmm.
I have also been busy with doll making. Finished my Hoffman Challenge doll, and spent the last week working on a "Blue" Fairy. I'm trying to do more bead work, so did cut outs and beads all over her bodice. Spent one whole day trying to decide on her hair do. Finally wound up with some of the mohair I traded for, dyed a pale blue and felted. When I get her beaded necklace done I'll post her picture. Meanwhile just had to show off my Thank You note!