Sunday, November 7, 2010

THE SOCK ELF


Have you ever noticed when you're washing clothes
There's one sock missing...ever wonder where it goes?
When you put them in the wash, you're sure there was a pair
But, when you take them out, only one sock is there
Well it seems there is a group of little elfin folk
Who for some reason, think it's quite the funny joke
When you're not looking, to sneak in and snatch
A sock or two...but never take one's that match
The fun would seem to be in watching your despair
As you look for that missing sock, but it's just not there
There really isn't much that you can do
Those pesky little rascals steal my socks too
And although it's aggravating, goodness knows
I just hope they stick to socks & not my pantyhose!

I've had this little head sitting around for several months, so decided I'd complete & make into an elf. As so often happens, he had different ideas about who he should be so I gave in and he is now the Sock Elf. Had to take off his shoes & give him bare feet, as that seemed more appropriate. And yes, his cap is a green sock for which I could not find the mate.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that happens in my wash all the time! Love your elf. I have one of your pin dolls from EDAC, about 2008.

    ReplyDelete