Tuesday, January 31, 2012

MONTE VISTA CRANE FESTIVAL

Every year thousands of cranes visit us here, which brings hundreds of visitors from all over the world. This year I'm sharing a booth with my best friend Jane's sister, who does gorgeous stained glass pieces. So I decided I should make some small cranes. Took me a couple of days to work out the patten, but now I think I've got it!
The cranes are something to see..beautiful both in flight, and on the ground they do this little jumping dance with wings spread. Since we live adjacent to the wildlife refuge, we not only get to see them, but hear their lovely cooing.
I had thought of making them into steampunk, but after seeing them, have decided I'll probably make a steampunk magpie instead...they are more the type, and very prominent here also; unlike the cranes, they're here all year long. When designing the cranes, they have a little "knob" at the knee joint. I explored a couple of ways to ad that and decided on a bead...that was when I was still thinking steampunk, but think I'll use it just the same. Have also been thinking it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to make the ones in flight into storks, with little steampunk babies...we'll see. Meanwhile here's the ones I have done. Actually just one, as the blogger didn't want to upload the other pictures, so after 5 minutes decided to just go with what I have and will probably post more later, since now I must get busy on my other projects.

1 comment:

  1. FANTASTIC! BEAUTIFUL! Love your Crane. Can't wait to see the others. Fantastic creating.
    Can't wait to see the storks with steampunk babies. I'm giving a hand at making steampunk. I love Steampunk.
    Luv & Hugs
    Fran

    ReplyDelete